Dry ice blasting technology uses pellets of solid CO2, which are shot at the surface at supersonic speeds. On contact with the surface, pellets sublimate, or immediately change from a solid to a gas, and CO2 gas expands, safely cleaning or restoring even the most delicate surfaces.
Dry Ice Blasting for Flood and Fire Restoration
Equipment is portable, and operators can easily maneuver inside damaged or flooded buildings. Operators are able to blast dry ice solution into tight angles, around nails, and in nooks and crannies, resulting in a considerably more comprehensive (and restorative) clean than traditional cleaning systems.
Dry ice cleaning solutions can clean a variety of surfaces: metal, brick, wood, and concrete, allowing for a clearer evaluation of the damage. It can also handle restoration of woodwork, paintings, statuary, and stonework. Our systems can even restore wood surfaces that have been moderately charred.
Additional benefits of dry ice blast flood and fire cleaning include:
- Quick turnaround, reducing displacement time by up to 80%
- Eliminates use of biocides and encapsulation
- Safe around electrical equipment
- No secondary waste
- No extensive drying time
Historical Preservation Cleaning Solutions
Additional benefits of our dry ice flood and fire restoration services include:
- Removal of lead-based paint and adhesives
- Completely safe around electrical cords, cables, and switches
- Reduced exposure to hazardous chemicals, which can add waste and damage exteriors