Dry ice blasting technology uses pellets of solid CO2, which are shot at the surface at supersonic speeds. Stored at below-zero temperatures, the pellets sublimate, or immediately change from a solid to a gas, on contact with the surface, creating tiny explosions that loosen contaminants. This process removes stubborn contaminants without creating imperfections where bacterial matter could grow.
Cleaning Barrels with Dry Ice Blasting
Dry ice blasting solutions may remove the outermost layer of the barrel's wood. However, this process removes any hidden mold spores, while exposing fresh wood.
Additional benefits of our brewing equipment applications include:
- No secondary waste or run-off
- Eliminates the need to re-toast barrels
- Environmentally responsible
- Food grade dry ice approved by the FDA, EPA, and USDA
- Equipment disassembly not required